Monday, September 1, 2008

Stoked

Bree Wee has a great outlook on life. I read her blog often and I am constantly impressed by how humble this girl is while kicking some major butt. Trying to qualify for Kona IM twice, but not quite getting her slot, she just raced IM Kentucky. Just going there would be scary enough for me. This blog post of her inspired me, a lot. I signed up for the Buffalo Bicycle Classic (70 miles) and the Boulder Backroads Marathon (half marathon). I love to compete and it has been too long.
I recently got a shipment of my Bear Naked products. I was stoked to find out that there were over 3,000 applicants and only 100 athletes chosen. So far, the granola has exceeded my expectations. It gives me plenty of energy without any hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, or preservatives. The also outfitted me with a bunch of gear to wear while training and racing. Look out for pictures soon. Another great thing about Bear Naked is that they work with the National Arbor Day Foundation to help plant trees across the country. I like that.
I am currently reading Bill Bryson's "A Walk in the Woods". It is about his hiking/camping trip across the Appalachian Trail. Inspiring.
Today I made peanut butter cookies with chocolates chunks after running 6.4 miles. Life is all about balance. Hopefully they will let me use the kitchen equipment at work to make pesto using basil from my garden.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

"Walk in the Woods" is a great read, I hope you enjoy the rest of it as much as I did.

rr said...

Bear Naked sponsorship? I am so jealous. I'll trade you some powergels....

Have fun racing again!