Friday, May 28, 2010

Drill baby drill, or kill baby krill?

I am sick of hearing about the oil spill while nobody mentions the lack of focus on alternative energy. This article discusses how they are continuously failing to plug the leak. I wish Obama would (if he has any real power) step up and impose a stricter moratorium on off shore drilling while taxing imported oil at a significant rate. I think that this country would support a shift in energy sources. Of course we cannot just stop using oil. That won't happen. Maybe it is up to the consumers. Drive less, bike more, open a window instead of using air conditioning. Petroleum is the cheapest, most cost effective energy producing resource (at the moment) so as long as the supply is there, the demand can only be changed by the consumers. Of course I am sitting in a plastic chair typing on a plastic keyboard listening to my plastic phone ring. I guess I should go and find a solution before ranting.

No comments: