Sunday, September 19, 2010

It can always be worse.

We went to Boulder Cycle Sport's cyclocross training Wednesday and it was a great time. We practiced mounting and dismounting and a bit of jumping over barriers. It was the first time that I had ridden my brand new Blue Norcross EX and I loved it. The second time I rode my new bike, I went to a meeting for the newly rescheduled Boulder Marathon. I was on my way home when I was hit by a car. I was in the bike lane, clipped in, helmet on, and a guy failed to yield during a left hand turn. That means he drove into my side. He stopped to see if I was ok. The police came and gave him a court date. I sprained my wrist and ankle. Contusions on my back and elbow and some whiplash. I am glad that I have health insurance and he has car insurance.
I took my bike to the bike shop and I am waiting to see what they say is wrong with it. Until then, I will be recovering and waiting to feel better. Things can always be worse...

1 comment:

trish said...

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon Rory!