Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 3 in Kona.

We hit up Waipi'o Valley which presented me with a couple of interesting fishing options. One was casting from shore with overhead surf. A small river dumps out into the ocean, but the fish didn't seem to want to battle the waves to eat my flies.
Waipi'o shorebreak.
The other option in Waipi'o was to fish in the river. There were a few baitfish scattering from my footsteps, but a boat would have been very helpful here. Again, no fish wanted to eat what I offered.
Waipi'o River.
The drive into the valley can be a bit sketchy.
On the way home we stopped by Kawaihae Harbor. We watched whales as we drove. I found this pencil urchin tangled in fishing line.
There was a lot of driving this day, but it was awesome. The weather was cold(ish), windy and rainy in Kona so this was a great mini vacation from our vacation!

No comments: