Sunday, May 4, 2008

Boulder. Typical.

This morning has been great. It is 18 degrees C (65 degrees F). I rode my bike to the local YMCA to swim. The Boulder Reservoir's water temp is still about 10 C (50 F) so I swim in the pool. After talking to the lifeguard about the 500 elk in her yard, I went to Whole Foods where I bought fair trade sugar, organic granola, and two locally grown basil plants. The girl scanning the items was flirting with the girl in line in front of me. They were discussing the jewelery that they both make promising to e-vite each other to the next time they are showing off their handmade crafts. On my way out of the store, there was a company selling Brain Toniq or something like that. They claimed that it helped with short term memory, long term memory, focus, pretty much everything. This wonder drink also was caffeine and sugar free. They told me that I would feel the effects within 10 minutes of drinking a can. I took the free sample and headed back home.

There was a sprint tri this morning. If you didn't want to risk your life freezing to death in the cold water, you could substitute the swim portion for a 5k run. I am glad that I slept in.

No comments: