Friday, May 23, 2008

pogue ma thoin

I suppose yesterday was a very Irish day for me. I woke up and my name was still Rory ("Red King" in Irish). I went to my first real day at work, selling Thai, Vietnamese, and Indian food (ok not Irish). Then I got on a bus. This might seem like no big deal, but to me it was heaven. It was the first time I have been on a bus where people speak English. I never had a problem on buses in other countries,
but it makes it so much easier when you speak the language. The buses here are efficient, cheap, and reliable. After 12 hours on a bus in South America, or trying not to get ripped off in Vietnam, this one hour jaunt to Denver barely gave me time to rest before going running.
I met up with a couple of new friends and we joined the Irish Snug Runners. This seemed too good to be true. It was an Irish pub that hosted a free run. With free pasta and salad after the run. And free t-shirts when you complete 10 runs. No catch. It was fun to see our table of sweaty runners in tiny shorts hanging out in an Irish pub.
Speaking of tiny shorts, I know that the anticipation has been killing a few of you, so let me thank Bree one more time for telling me about Splish.com. Although these are not custom made, I couldn't let them go by. I think that you will agree, this completes my Irish day. I am off to the pool.

3 comments:

Danielle Reghi said...

advertising? ;)

BreeWee said...

ha ha ha, love it! This is so funny, hope you win a lot of races or at least set some major PR's in those little things!

Anonymous said...

God damn plastic paddy yank!