Friday, April 30, 2010

Mustache May for Multiple Sclerosis.

There is a woman in my life that has treated me like her son for years. Patricia Payne was once a stepmother of mine, but she will always be a part of my family. She was the first person to show me (and my father) that family is important.
Pattie has Multiple sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis (or MS) is a chronic, often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system (CNS), which is made up of the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerves. Symptoms may be mild, such as numbness in the limbs, or severe, such as paralysis or loss of vision. The progress, severity, and specific symptoms of MS are unpredictable and vary from one person to another. Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving new hope to people affected by the disease. Pattie has never let it slow her down.
For May, I am growing a mustache, raising money, and promoting awareness of Multiple sclerosis. I will give all of the money that I raise to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society or directly to Pattie to pay for her medical bills.
So here is day 1: Clean.

If you can help me spread the word, please pass this on to anyone and everyone. Thank you.




No comments: