Thursday, January 17, 2008

somebody sponsor this kid


I have been putting this off for a long time. I have a friend with a really big blonde afro. I have heard that he uses his hair to prevent anyone from seeing his head swell. I don’t think that is true. He is fairly level headed...most of the time.

I must admit, for such an athletic guy, he isn’t the best at leapfrog. I expected a little more height from him. His distance wasn’t very impressive either. However bad his LF technique is, his triathlon accomplishments are exceptional. He has won numerous races in Hawai’i and the pacific northwest. (Where he chooses to live.) He recently won the national championship then went on to the amateur world championship where he... that’s right, he won that as well. I didn’t believe that this was possible by someone that doesn’t shave their body hair, but now he is in Sports Illustrated so it must be true.


So I thought that he was a good athlete. Then I heard that he was helping a visually impaired guy break a world record. So now he is a good person too. Check out his website here: BenCollins.Org

No comments: