Monday, October 13, 2008

Crowie, Snow, and Baselayers

I wished that I would have been in Kona to watch Ironman this year. After seeing Bree's photos and Rachel's race report, I am more and more tempted to try and qualify some time in the future. Instead, it snowed here last night. We made some hot chocolate and enjoyed the cold. Congrats to Crowie for winning this year. Looks like I gave him the right words of advice after last year's race. I swam 1.5km today while the snow melted outside. It made me realize that I am out of shape, but love racing. My running shoes and goggles will be in my backpack for NZ.
I have a small rant about North Face. I like their products, but I am starting to feel like it is all a brand name and only their very high end stuff is made for being outside. I tried to exchange a pair of pants at the North Face store for a different size. They didn't have any in stock and refused to order a pair for me. The said I should walk around in them to make sure that they are too long (they are) or I could hem them. The pants are available online and in the warehouse, but they won't send them to the store here in Boulder. I called thier customer service number I was told that I could purchase the pair that would fit online, but the Boulder store can order them for me if they want to. Apparently, they don't want to. Now I need to purchase a baselayer for my trip. You will find me at the Patagonia store.

No comments: