Monday, March 30, 2009

28 years ago...

We almost made it to Santa Barbara. We stopped short in Carpinteria at a great campsite on the beach. There is a seal colony, lots of pelicans, great weather, and a swimming pool nearby. For my birthday:
I got new quickdraws.
And an iPod shuffle.




We sat in Starbucks in Montecito.
 
Then we walked through a farmer's market.
 
It was a nice day.
So I went for a 45 minute run on the beach with my new shuffle. The run was awesome. I felt good. My goal for my half IM this year will be to run 8 minute miles. I was stoked to have my miles tick off at 7:45, 7:11, 7:22, 6:50, 6:45, 6:32. The next day I was a little sore, but I think the FRS chews I am eating before and after every workout definitely helped my recovery.
 Then I got to try out the new underwater iPod holder that we got.
Indian food for dinner.
A fire to end the night.

No comments: