Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last week.

Before we left Pasadena, we were able to see my cousin Hunter dominate one of his rugby games. It was a lot of fun and he was awarded the "man of the match".  He is threatening to do a triathlon next month, so look out Newport Beach!



 
Hunter. (Not the small Asian kid.)
Then B from HIC suncare made this awesome poster for me from my travels. I took pictures everywhere that I used their sunscreen and lip balm (all over the world) and he put it all together for me.

It was too big to take a picture by myself, so here it is alone:
 
After being spoiledby my family last week, life on the road has been more... what it should be. Well I would say it is what I expected, but that is a lie because I expected things to be more comfortable. We were told that we would have a 40 ft RV that sleeps 6. What we have now deserves its own blog post.
One night in Lake Havasu, we slept in our tent, the next night in our new minivan. Tonight we are in a hotel. We put the tent between the car and trailer to block as much of the sun as possible. We thought that we might cook of the sun hit our tent directly.
 Eating meals on the road is always difficult. Road trips are too easy to eat fast food. So we load up with salads, and eat them at rest stops with truckers. This no RV thing is making life different.
 
The addition of bike racks to our vehicle has made life a million times better. This was our trailer before bike racks. Can you spot Mojdeh? Oh yeah, check out the new HIC Obama love!

1 comment:

rr said...

HEY! I love that Obama sticker.. off to HIC I roll.. and I'm obsessed with that sunscreen, I've been using either the HIC or vertra every workout.. good call :)